Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Carrots -- Not just for cute bunnies!

Last night for dinner and this morning for breakfast I tested two more of Joy's recipes, both involving grated carrot. Carrots lend a fresh sweetness to a dish, and are high in vitamins A and C, which help your eye-sight, lower your cholesterol, and reduces your chance of cancer and heart attacks.

For dinner I made Agave Mustard Poppyseed dressing and put it over a huge salad of romaine hearts, shredded carrots, grape tomatoes, raisins, and sunflower seeds:



For breakfast this morning I made Early Gray Carrot Muffins. They were spicey and sweet and a great way to start off the day!



I promise someday before too long I'll write about more than just food, but being so absorbed in recipe testing yields lots of pictures!

No comments: