Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dinner for Ginger

My friend Ginger mentioned that she wanted to come over for dinner the other night, so I thought it would be a great time to try out a bunch of testing recipes on her.

We had caramelized broccoli bruscetta with white "cheddar" sauce to start:



The caramelized broccoli was so delicious and beautiful all on its own, I think I might make it again just as a side dish:



I spread the leftover "cheddar" sauce on crackers the next day for lunch. Delicious!



Then we had some vegan caesar salad with homemade croutons. It was similar enough to the normal caesar salad, I don't think any omni would be able to tell the difference:



The main dish was a wild mushroom risotto with white asparagus. It turned out perfectly and was golden and creamy:



For dessert I made a fruit and cream tart, with homemade graham cracker crust and vanilla coconut cream custard for filling:



With the leftover graham cracker dough, I made some quick homemade graham crackers for Oliver. He loves them! Not only are they healthier and more vegan {lol} than normal graham crackers, they were really easy and tasted MUCH better. I'm never buying graham crackers again!



It felt like a marathon getting all that done before Ginger got here after work, but it was so delicious and she's such a gracious guinea pig, it made it all worth it!

No comments: